Sunday, January 23, 2011

DISASTER DATES

We have all had bad dates, but some are worse than others. Here is a real live example of a RM's first date after returning home from serving the Lord for two years.

First Date


"After returning home from the "mish", I was reunited with a sweetheart I had dated two years earlier. She came to my homecoming and I was blown away by her beauty. I spent the entire first date, which consisted of dinner and football in the park, praying to the Lord to let me know if this was the women I should spend eternity with (OMG, this is freaking ridiculous). In retrospect, I am certain she knew that I was praying the whole time, and that didn't help the date out any. After the date was over I took her home, only to find a surprise shoebox on her front porch. As she opened the shoebox, her cat of 18 years was lying mutilated inside the box. There was a letter in the box, that said someone saw a dog eating the cat and that they had wrestled the cat out of the dog's mouth and put it in the box. My date began screaming and crying uncontrollably and curled up in the fetal position on her porch. Being fresh off the "mish" I didn't even dare touch her to give her comfort, so I just stared at her for over 20 minutes while she sobbed on the front porch. Then the owners of the dog came by, she jumped up and ran towards them screaming obscenities and hitting them. Immediately after taking her anger out on the dog owners, she turned to me and said 'I need to go get ready. I have another date that will be here in 30 minutes.' To cap things off, the next week I saw her at church. Not knowing what to say, my mouth uttered the words 'How's your cat?' Needless to say, that was the last I saw of her." One the bright side he didn't have to have DTR with the girl!

This is a classic! We would like to hear about your dating disasters. Please leave a comment and share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment